Who the hell do I think I am?
"Who do you think you are?!?" If I only had a penny for every time I've heard that! But seriously, who am I to dole out my commentary and opinions? Well, besides being a pretty bossy broad, I have a pretty unique background as a career gypsy, and not many people can say that! I am a Cuban-Colombian American who was raised in a very traditional Hispanic household, was a full fledges administrative assistant by age 12, had my first job outside of the home a few years later and in addition to being a marketer, I have:
- Been a retail buyer: Try not to pay full price for anything!
- Modeled: Looks are very deceiving!
- Worked as a wardrobe stylist: Just because it's in your size does not mean you should put it on!
- Worked in the travel industry as a Product manager for a tour operator, and a hotelier: Travel people, it makes you appreciate your home more.
- A mother who's an estheticienne and thanks to her teachings and genes, so far so good!
So there. Read on. Use what you like. Laugh when you want. Think what you want, but come back because the next post may be what you needed to hear!
With much tough love,
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
So, did I mention that we were selling our home? And I'm pg? And I have a full time job? And I pump out approx. 17 meals a week? And I'm in charge of all aspects of our home? And I know that there are a hundred million super-women out there doing this - and more, but do they sleep? I mean really! I'm exhausted and if it wasn't for DVR I'd never watch tv (yes, I have mundane needs!). So somehow, someway I'm trying to figure out how to streamline and organize myself as best as I can, sell our home and find a new one, and get some sleep!