Who the hell do I think I am?

"Who do you think you are?!?" If I only had a penny for every time I've heard that! But seriously, who am I to dole out my commentary and opinions? Well, besides being a pretty bossy broad, I have a pretty unique background as a career gypsy, and not many people can say that! I am a Cuban-Colombian American who was raised in a very traditional Hispanic household, was a full fledges administrative assistant by age 12, had my first job outside of the home a few years later and in addition to being a marketer, I have:
- Been a retail buyer: Try not to pay full price for anything!
- Modeled: Looks are very deceiving!
- Worked as a wardrobe stylist: Just because it's in your size does not mean you should put it on!
- Worked in the travel industry as a Product manager for a tour operator, and a hotelier: Travel people, it makes you appreciate your home more.
- A mother who's an estheticienne and thanks to her teachings and genes, so far so good!

So there. Read on. Use what you like. Laugh when you want. Think what you want, but come back because the next post may be what you needed to hear!

With much tough love,
me

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Three years?!?!

Three years have passed since I first started this blog and last posted...wow! Time really flies when you're out there living. Here I am all bottled up with no one to vent to (ok, no one that hasn't already heard my rants and raves) and here's my lonely little blog! How shameful!!

So...here's my story morning glory...

When I first posted, I had a 2yo, was working full time, and was thinking about #2. My then 2yo is now 4 (going on 30, when did preschoolers get so sassy!!), my then thought is now 2, I changed jobs, was laid off (when I was 8 months pregnant), was greatly depressed (combination of postpartum and not having a job for the first time since I was 14!), and I have hated and loved myself and my life passionately throughout it all.

Around me my uncle and mother-in-law have died, my brother struggles with his depression, and I struggle with wanting to help him and knowing that what I can do for him is greatly limited, we have tried to sell our place, we have had great tenants and nightmare tenants (people sux), my husband is no longer allowed to rent since "his" tenants historically are the most problematic ones, gangs have creeped into our neighborhood, and have magically disappeared (although I don't particularly believe in magic, so I keep my eyes peeled). Much more has happened, but not much more stands out in my mind right now.

And now? Professionally: I've taken the plunge into the hustle of a freelancer, as a result of the fact that I want to use my mind and want to raise my own children. Personally: I have been advised by my dr. to do something "fun" for 10 minutes every day, and am working on that. Motherly: I need to relax and breathe. Blogerly: I will try this out for a bit, as I have so many opinions, I cannot believe that I've remained quiet for so long!! So, stay tuned and find out what will happen next as the world turns (did I just date myself?)...

No comments: